TRIANGLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services - no more.
- Our credit union will protect the members' personal information. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- Members will always have access to their information. Members of our credit union will always have the opportunity to review their information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well being. Under no cirumstances will we authorize these firms to charge a members' account without that members' express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- Our credit union will offer members a choice in how the information is used. Members of our credit union may elect to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform members on how to exercise their choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure their requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of their right to choose.
TRIANGLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
It is the policy of this credit union to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. To accomplish this, we follow these procedures:
Information We Collect:
We collect nonpublic information about you from some or all of the following sources: Information that we receive from you on your applications or other forms; information about your transactions with us or others; and information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
Information We Disclose to Non-affiliated Third Parties:
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our members, former members and others to non-affiliated third parties except as provided by law.
Security Measures of This Credit Union:
We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to this credit union's employee who need to know that information in order to provide products and services to you. We maintain electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to ensure protection of your nonpublic personal information.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices in this notice.